The Tech Track was attended by about 20 state IT professionals. The agenda was designed to be highly interactive to assist CSBS IT staff in understanding how CSBS can assist state IT organizations in addressing evolving IT and security concerns, specifically regarding NMLS. The agenda included:
- The NMLS roadmap, presented by Mike Belak.
- Current and planned enhancements to NMLS security controls, presented by Mark Rippe.
- The State Regulatory Registry’s (SRR) implementation of SalesForce.com for the NMLS Call Center, as well as tracking and responding to requests from state IT departments, presented by Kathy Hunter.
- Peter Wallace facilitated a discussion sharing successes and challenges experiences by state IT organizations regarding similar IT needs, as well as a roundtable discussion of specific items that are of greatest interest to state IT departments and solutions CSBS might provide.
CSBS staff collected a lot of feedback from the states, which will all be documented in Clarizen as issues, where they can be prioritized and tracked. Where it is not feasible to list all feedback here, some common themes were:
- State IT professionals expressed their willingness and desire to be engaged early in any activities that do have or may have a technology element or impact.
- State IT professionals provided feedback regarding improvements in the NMLS software development life cycle process that would enable new functions to be implemented in a more agile fashion.
- State IT professionals provide specific feedback to the current NMLS data download process and recommendation for improvement.
CSBS technology staff continue to be appreciative of the feedback from the state IT professionals at the NMLS conference and ongoing throughout the year. There was general consensus among the group that the nature and scope of the discussions warranted expansion of the Tech Track at the next conference to two days.